Oh, the joys of being a full-time MA classics and ancient history student when I also have a part-time job. However, that’s my choice, so no feeling sorry for myself here. There’s work to be done.
I am grateful, therefore, to Barbara, at the March House Books Blog, for, firstly, giving me an award and, secondly, for making me slow down and think about myself. I’m not usually one for these ‘meme’ things, but sometimes they can make you look at yourself in a slightly different way.
The requirements of receiving the Lovely Blog Award are:
1. To thank the giver and link back to his or her site.
2. Provide five random facts that folks may not know about you.
3. Pass this award on to five other lovely blog sites and let them know you're awarding them.
4. Copy the award logo and paste it onto your own site.
So here are my five random facts. Not sure if anyone is remotely interested, but it gives you a bit of an insight into the sort of person I am.
- I could happily eat nothing but roast parsnips.
- I love the smell of wallflowers.
- I can recite the opening lines of the 70s TV western Alias Smith and Jones without pausing for breath.
- My dad once drew around my Clarks sandal on the lead on our village church roof to go alongside the footprints of people from hundreds of years ago who had done the same.
- This video clip made me nearly wet myself:
And here are the other five bloggers to whom I am sending this award: friends, former colleagues and a self-confessed loafer:
A Curious Girl's Guide to Life
House With No Name
They'll hate me for it , but tough, someone had to receive it. And I think the award logo will look particularly fetching on the first and last blogs.
I was also nominated for another little blog award a while back, but now can’t find the original comment or email. So if it was from you, please don’t take my lack of response personally. I have a head like a sieve.
That's about it.
Love Maddie x
Love Maddie x